Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Addendums: "Oh....right" & "Batteries"

Also, when I sat down to write finally at around 10:10 p.m. I found that my voice recorder ran out of batteries. That is to say, no quotes from players and coaches in my stories except for what I could remember. That is to say: dammit.

I see the irony in this -- another thing I forgot to mention is how bad it is for the end result when something like a story is crafted under such crappy conditions: rushed, stressed, haven't eaten for nine hours, I know that sounds whiny, but you get it, surely. Your mind is still working fast just to process stuff as you put it down in writing for other people to take as "Truth." Eesh. You forget stuff. You read it when deadline's over, you want to change stuff.

This means A LOT OF WHAT I WRITE IS ERROR PRONE.

Just today for example.
1. In my baseball story, I said Justin Evans made a "backhanded" catch. He made a really ridiculous catch while running full on to his left, reaching across his body. Does that mean backhanded? I'm dumb.

2. I'm sure there's more.

No comments: