Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A supe a day keeps the AIDS away

Happy New Year. Enough with that shit. Onto the griping.

Today I visited the Castro St. Muni station, situated as it is in the middle of the Castro District, America's biggest gay neighborhood, which is NOT represented by San Francisco's biggest gay politician.

Though not even Tom Ammiano can claim this.



This gave me some pause. I mean -- what? Seriously.

There he is, the Honorable Bevan Dufty, sporting a shit-eating grin -- a face I've seen thrown my way at 440 -- asking for help in finding out if a pill a day can prevent HIV. I mean -- OK, I'm all for AIDS prevention and treatment, too. But I mean -- what? Was Gavin not available for the photo? Don't get me wrong -- I like Bevan. He's good for a quote, isn't a total slimeball and is mostly transparent in his governance. But I would guarantee you at least half of Bevan's constituents don't know who the fuck he is, and with this one he's just an anonymous... grinner? I don't know. Kinda odd, mostly.

No comments: